Tuesday, August 26, 2014

P is for Porpoise and poor poetry!


This is the fourth set of LTCs, made for the third swap, an alphabet series. This round was “P is for…” and in my case, P is for Porpoise. Ideally I would've had a grey that was in between the dark paper porpoises and the lighter ones, because neither was quite right. I couldn't decide which ones to use, so I did a mix of darker and lighter ones. Some of them are in portrait and some are in landscape view. This just depended on what looked better. I also love variety in cards, so that was nice.
The background paper was made out of Crayola watercolors and watercolor paper. I cut out each porpoise by hand, and by accident, I figured out a neat method for the waves in front. Tear strips of paper, watercolor them, then pounce them in clear embossing ink/powder. (I used a matte embossing powder; Hampton Art clear) Heat emboss and glue down, then trim off the excess. I still felt that the card was missing something, and when I asked about it, FloridaFour suggested a beach ball. PERFECT! So… I set about fussycutting dozens and dozens and dozens of these papers and ball slices. Again, I do not have punches. A large circle punch would've save me so much trouble. After gluing each piece down, I embossed that as well to give it a little shine. It’s a really fun card and I enjoyed making a royal mess of it :) It was a labor of love for sure!
Here’s the little prose I put with the card’s clue to add more of the alphabet feel to it;
Do you know what I am? Here is a clue:

My body is smooth and shiny,
my tail a paddle and rather flat,
my home is large and briny,
and I am portly— not fat!

My snout is short but my smile is wide,
and if you could stand the cold,
you could swim by my side.

If you've not guessed by now, I am the Porpoise!
Don't worry, I'll stick to my day job.

No comments:

Post a Comment