Tuesday, August 26, 2014

R is for Rainbow Lorikeet


Another alphabet submission. R is for… Rainbow Lorikeet! Simple watercolor background with a feather stamp. I carved the feather way back when I first started Letterboxing. :)

I based the rest of the carve on a photo I took while I was visiting my parents in Kansas this summer (again at Tanganyika). The weather was stormy so my boyfriend and I were the only ones in the Lorikeet exhibit. While I was having a dance party with one bird, my boyfriend had 4 of them; one dancing, one checking out his hair for goodies, and two kickboxing. My boyfriend wanted assistance in removing his new-found friends, but I couldn't stop laughing. I had to cut the video I took down a lot due to bad camerawork. (I had several Lories on me as well)


No comments:

Post a Comment