Tuesday, August 26, 2014

We got your invitation!


This was the third set of cards for me, and my second swap. The swap was for Picnics & Parties. People unintentionally invite bears to their campsites, and I thought it would be funny to see the bears enjoying a picnic of their own. It was then given the title "Dig In!"
For this one I used water based dye ink pads as watercolors. Meaning I blotted the ink pads on a palette and added water to them, and then painted with them after stamping my image. I don’t know if it adds to it or not, but I cut out all of the bears (mom and baby included) and the tree trunks out of separate papers and glued them to the card. I guess it’s interesting to be able to touch the slightly raised surface.
This set actually wasn't my favorite and I was pretty worried that it wouldn't be well received. I was wrong about that. :) Letterboxers are a very loving and supportive group. It doesn't matter if you try something new and it doesn't work the way you planned. Keep at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment